The Report serves as a clearinghouse for information relevant to the status of Christianity and Christian ministry in the former Soviet Union and Central and Eastern Europe. It is designed to encourage cooperation and coordinated efforts among Christian ministries working in the East.
Other primary objectives of the Report are to disseminate information that will reduce unnecessary duplication and enhance cross cultural sensitivity; to highlight positive examples of a winsome witness in the East and mistakes to avoid; and to inform readers of critical issues and valuable resources concerning the church and ministry in the former Soviet Union and East Central Europe.
We especially seek articles that:
- focus on more than one country
- focus on the work of more than one denomination or ministry
- survey a type of outreach, such as prison ministries or Christian publishing
- survey a particular church-state issue in various countries, such as church property restoration, constitutional or legislative threats to religious liberty, or various church positions on the issue of revelations of past state compromise of church officials
- highlight cooperative efforts among Western ministries working in the East or among indigenous church or parachurch groups;
- treat Orthodox-Catholic-Protestant relations
- highlight examples of culturally sensitive ministry
- stress immediately applicable lessons and practical information
- provide information on print and audio-visual resources, including cost and order information
- provide comparative statistical information, such as cult membership, church membership, or number of missionaries by country
- itemize addresses, telephones, faxes, and E-mail addresses for relevant organizations and contacts in the region and in the West
The East-West Church & Ministry Report invites unpublished manuscripts on relevant topics for consideration. All manuscripts are subject to review and editorial modification.
Please send submissions as E-mail attachments, preferably in Microsoft Word, or accompanied by a computer disk version. No fees are paid for articles.
To submit a manuscript, contact:
Dr. Mark R. Elliott, editor
East-West Church & Ministry Report
1 Macklem Drive
Wilmore, KY 40390
The Report covers the countries of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro).